My top 5 sources of News and Info

    I have never been the kind of person who regularly checks the news or flips through the newspaper. Most of my news intake comes through my phone. My primary source of news is Youtube. Almost every news station and publisher has a Youtube channel where they can post their stories. I find it helpful that these groups post by story, meaning that I can watch the exact segment that I want to see. Youtube also supports Content Creators who post news on their channels. Keemstar, the host and founder of DramaAlert, has gathered over 5 million subscribers. My personal favorite news source on youtube is from a Content Creator named SirSwag and their monthly news series called This month's news without the bullshit. It is a very nonbias monthly news recap that covers major global events within a given month. 


I think I can safely say that social media is a major news intake for most people my age (Millenials and Gen Z). Ranging from MySpace to TikTok we have all seen or heard about something that started spreading on social media. It is also extremely convenient. You can choose to get notifications anytime your favorite sports team posts about a trade or when your favorite singer announces new ticket sales. Social media has also made sharing news easier than ever. You can share viral posts at the tap of an icon. Social media can also give the user a more personal look into the news they are seeing. Due to its more casual nature (aside from LinkedIn), social media can portray a more "insider look" into the news.


We all have that one family member who constantly sends us random news articles. Whether they are helpful or not they are all still news. Shared news can consist of articles, news stories, media posts, etc. Although some shared news is completely unrelated to your current interests it helps diversify your knowledge of modern news. I personally enjoy receiving random articles. It helps me know what things my grandmother is into these days.


Word of mouth is a very powerful communicator. Advertisement firms and other marketing agencies often rely heavily on word of mouth to spread the word about their product or service. News spreads the same way. Often times my friends and I talk about current events and news. Most times I learn something new or hear something that I was unaware of. I like this method of sharing news because not only do I hear new things but I also get to hear people's opinions on the subject.


Online communities like Facebook Groups, Reddit threads, and Discord servers are a great place to have an online dialog with other users about similar topics of interest. I am a part of a few of these communities ranging from recreational groups to work servers. These online communities are a mix between sent news and word of mouth. I love these communities because they are usually tailored to particular topics or themes. This means that not only are you seeing news that you are interested in but that you can also discuss it with others who are equally as interested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #7

Blog Post #5 Internet Privacy

Blog Post #3