Blog #10

 


I thought that the AI video was really interesting. It was a strange combination of impressive and scary. I thought that the way China is using facial recognition as a way to pay for things is really fascinating. If scaled enough it could rid the need to carry around a credit card. My only concern is that if someone hacked into whatever system is used then they would have access to everyone’s financial information. Another thing that I thought was interesting were the automated trucks. Self driving cars is one thing, but self driving semi-trucks are a whole different story. All of the footage that was shown in the documentary was of the truck driving straight down a nearly empty highway. It made me curious of how well it could handle back roads or tight warehouse entrances. I was also shocked at how young the inventor was.


Jumping back to China, I thought it was cool how integrated the systems were. It was almost scary how intertwined the AI network is, specifically regarding facial recognition, city wide camera systems, and how it is all linked to a massive database that knows almost everything about you. I am sure that it makes daily life super convenient for both civilians and law enforcement alike, but I begin to wonder how little privacy is TOO little privacy. My general takeaways from this documentary are that AI are a potentially limitless tool that when given the right information can achieve seemingly impossible tasks. The scary part is how companies collect that information without us even knowing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #7

Blog Post #5 Internet Privacy

Blog Post #3